DDT “Audience 2015”, 5/31/2015 [Sun] @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo 2,200 Spectators (overcrowded)
(0) King of Dark Championship Match: [1st Champion] Gota Ihashi vs. [Challenger] Kota Umeda
◆Winner: Umeda (3:43) following a High Kick. ~ Champion retains in a loss, 10th “successful” title defense.
~ Soma Takao publicly announced that he will be missing every show in DDT throughout the month of June as he will be on tour with All Japan.
~ The KING OF DDT tournament will begin this month on 6/6 for the chance to earn a title match at the big show in August. ~ 16 wrestlers will compete: Ibushi, Daisuke, Akito, Urano, Sakaguchi, Takanashi, Keisuke Ishii, Irie, Honda, Takeshita, Fukuda, Oishi, Matsunagam Hirata, Higuchi, and 1 more from DNA will be involved.
~ Dick Togo also came out to plug his new promotion in Vietnam. Also mentioned opening up promotions in Cuba and Italy. [LINK]
(1) Yasu Urano, Akito & Aja Kong vs. Yukio Sakaguchi, Masa Takanashi & Akai Saki ◆Winner: Takanashi (8:22) with the Takatonic on Akito.
(2) T2 Hee New Members Audition: [Jury: Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata] Sanshiro Takagi, Kazuki Hirata, Devin Sparks & Rick Ellis vs. Toru Owashi, Tomomitsu Matsunaga, DJ Nira & Kouki Iwasaki ◆Winner: Takagi (8:22) with the Sit-down Himawari Bomb on Iwasaki. ~ Both Sparks and Ellis passed the audition.
(3) MIKAMI & Shuji Ishikawa vs. Kazusada Higuchi & Shunma Katsumata ◆Winner: MIKAMI (9:50) with a 450° Splash on Katsumata. ~ MIKAMI & Ishikawa seem to be in top form as a tag team as they aim to capture the KO-D Tag belts from Strong BJ.
~ Genichiro Tenryu was announced to be competing in DDT at the Ryogoku Kokugikan show in August. ~ Sanshiro Takagi introduced two men in suits Mizuki Watase and ?? Yoshimoto, both in the entertainment industry, as 2 new trainees in DDT. Both men will be balancing their careers while also striving to achieve a dream of becoming pro-wrestlers.
(4) Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi & Super Sasadango Machine vs. Antonio Honda, Konosuke Takeshita & Hiroshi Fukuda [UNION] ◆Winner: Oishi (11:56) with a Jikiden Tornado Clutch on Fukuda.
(5) KO-D 6 Person Tag Championship Match: [19th Champions] Keisuke Ishii, Shigehiro Irie & Soma Takao vs. [Challengers] Kota Ibushi, Daisuke Sasaki & Suguru Miyatake
◆Winner: Keisuke (13:53) following a Kneel Kick on Miyatake. ~ 2nd successful title defense. ~ Team Drift celebrated their defense. Takao stated that he plans to come back even stronger following his month in All Japan.
(6) KO-D Openweight Championship Match: [Champion] HARASHIMA vs. [Challenger] KUDO
◆Winner: KUDO (23:27) following a Diving Double Knee Drop. ~ Champion falls on his 2nd title defense. KUDO becomes the 51st generation champion. ~ Ken Ohka, who holds an anytime, anywhere challenge rights, came out to congratulate the new champion. He said that he will claim his match when the time is right, potentially alluding to the Ryogoku show.
~ All of the competitors then KING OF DDT competitors came out as well.
~ The first round matches were then decided as follows…
() Yukio Sakaguchi vs. Keisuke Ishii () Makoto Oishi vs. Hiroshi Fukuda () Akito vs. Masa Takanashi () Konosuke Takeshita vs. Antonio Honda () (DNA – Nakatsu or Umeda) vs. Daisuke Sasaki () Kota Ibushi vs. Kazuki Hirata ()
Tomomitsu Matsunaga vs. Kazusada Higuchi () Yasu Urano vs. Shigehiro Irie
New Japan Pro Wrestling “BEST OF THE SUPER Jr. XXII”, 5/31/2015 [Sun] 15:00 @ Kiramesse Numazu in Shizuoka
(1) Ryusuke Taguchi, Yohei Komatsu & Sho Tanaka vs. Mascara Dorada, David Finlay & Jay White ◆Winner: Taguchi (11:34) with Oh My & Ga-Ankle on White. (2) Rocky Romero & Barbaro Cavernario vs. Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish ◆Winner: Fish (9:45) following the Chasing The Dragon on Cavernario. (3) BOSJ A BLOCK Match: Gedo vs. Chase Owens ◆Winner: Owens (7:57) following the Package Driver.
~ Owens [3 wins, 2 losses = 6 points]
~ Gedo [2 wins, 3 losses = 4 points]
(4) BOSJ A BLOCK Match: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Barreta ◆Winner: Liger (7:55) via pin-fall.
~ Liger [3 wins, 2 losses = 6 points]
~ Barreta [2 wins, 3 losses = 4 points]
(5) Kazuchika Okada & Gedo vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Cody Hall ◆Winner: Okada (11:25) following the Rainmaker on Hall.
(6) BOSJ B BLOCK Match: Tiger Mask IV vs. KUSHIDA ◆Winner: KUSHIDA (11:44) with the Hoverboard Lock. ~ KUSHIDA [5 wins, 1 loss = 10 points]
~ Tiger [3 wins, 3 losses = 6 points]
(7) Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI ◆Winner: Nakamura (16:10) following the Boma~Ye on Captain.
[W-1 News] Matches have announced for the next upcoming show on June 7th and more matches have been added to the bigger show on June 18th at Korakuen Hall.
Among the matches announced for the first show in June includes Minoru Tanaka putting the W-1 Cruiser belt up against Hiroshi Yamato, a special 6 man tag including Muta and Kabuki, and then a W-1 Championship Prelude 6 man tag.
WRESTLE-1 “VERY SHINING! Kobe Senkomajutsu ~ LEGEND Korin”, 6/7/2015 [Sun] 16:00 @ Kobe Sanbo Hall in Hyogo
() Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio vs. Alexander Otsuka () WRESTLE-1 Championship Prelude 6 Man Tag Match: Shuji Kondo, KAI & Kaz Hayashi vs. Hideki Suzuki, NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA () Special 6 Man Tag Match: AKIRA, Manabu Soya & Andy Wu vs. Great Muta, Great Kabuki & TAJIRI () WRESTLE-1 Cruiserweight Championship Match: [1st Champion] Minoru Tanaka vs. [Challenger] Hiroshi Yamato ~ 3rd title match
Then more matches have been added to the show on the 18th…
Following today’s show at Shinjuku FACE (5/30), Keiji Mutoh will be taking on up and comer Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio in the special single match following the recent tournament. Then it was announced that a special 6 man tag match will be held to potentially find new members for AKIRA and Soya’s “new WILD order”. This of course joins the previously announced W-1 Championship bout between Hideki Suzuki and Shuji Kondo.
“WRESTLE-1 TOUR 2015 OUTBREAK”, 6/18/2015 [Thu] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
Newly announced… () “new WILD order” Group Assessment 6 Man Tag Match: AKIRA, Manabu Soya & Kumagoro vs. 5th generation Black Tiger [FREE], Jun Kasai [FREEDOMS] & Hiroki Murase
Previously announced… (-) Road to KEIJI MUTO Special Single Match: Keiji Mutoh vs. Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio
(-) WRESTLE-1 Championship Match: [4th Champion] Hideki Suzuki (FREE) vs. [Challenger] Shuji Kondo ~ 2nd title defense.
“Tenryu Project 27 Revolution FINAL TOUR in Osaka”, 5/30/2015 [Sat] 17:00 @ BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM, 2nd Stadium in Osaka
(1) Great Kabuki [FREE], Alexander Otsuka [AO/DC], Kanjyuro Matsuyama [Osaka] & Taiyoto Kamen [DES] ◆Winner: Otsuka (10:41) following a Super Kick from Kabuki on Taiyoto.
(2) Dragon JOKER & Kazuaki Mihara (DES) vs. TARU & “brother” YASSHI (both Voodoo Murders) ◆Winner: JOKER (11:05) with a La Magistral on YASSHI. ~ JOKER with a big victory over YASSHI.
(3) MIZUCHI Rule Special Tag Match: Koji Kanemoto [FREE] &
Ryuichi Kawakami [BJW] vs. Tatsuhito Takaiwa [FREE] & Buki
◆Winner: Kanemoto (16:38) with a Moonsault Press on Buki. ~ Kanemoto mentioned that he is not ready to retire anytime soon as he looks to be active as much as he is still able.
(4) IJ Tag Championship Match: [18th Champions] Kuuga (DES) & Gameras (DES) vs. [Challengers] Ryuji Hijikata (FREE) & Kazuki Hashimoto (BJW) ◆Winner: Kuuga (16:16) following the Tower Stamp on Kazuki. ~ 2nd successful title defense.
(5) Arashi vs. Yuto Aijima [FREE] ◆Winner: Arashi (9:43) following a Powerbomb.
(6) Main Event: Genichiro Tenryu, Dory Funk Jr. & NOSAWA Rongai [Tokyo Gurentai] vs. Suwama [AJPW], Atsushi Aoki [AJPW] & Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION]
◆Winner: Tenryu (16:31) following a Lariat on Hikaru. ~ Tenryu and Dory, Student and Teacher, prove to have a presence over Evolution. ~ Suwama stated that he wants to cross paths with Tenryu again once more again before the end of the year. ~ Tenryu reminisced his history in Osaka throughout his career. He thanked everyone for coming out today as he continues his retirement road to November.
“WRESTLE-1 TOUR 2015 ROYAL BATTLE WEEKEND”, 5/30/2015 [Sat] 18:00 @ Shinjuku FACE in Tokyo
(1) WRESTLE-1 vs DESPERADO 6 Man Tag Match: Hiroshi Yamato, Ryota Hama & Andy Wu vs. KAZMA SAKAMOTO, El Hijo del Pantera & Punisher Big Brute ◆Winner: Brute (10:42) following a Chokeslam on Andy.
(2) Road to KEIJI MUTO Semi-final Round Match: Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio vs. Koji Doi ◆Winner: Kuroshio (8:22) with the Ikemen Spiral.
(3) Road to KEIJI MUTO Semi-final Round Match: Seiki Yoshioka vs. Jay Freddie ◆Winner: Yoshioka (11:33) following the S.K. (Sliding Kick).
(4) Masakatsu Funaki & Shuji Kondo vs. Kaz Hayashi & Yasufumi Nakanoue ◆Winner: Kondo (8:22) following the King Kong Lariat on Nakanoue. ~ Kondo appears confident in his upcoming title match against Hideki on 6/18. (5) AKIRA & Hiroki Murase vs. Manabu Soya & Kumagoro ◆Winner: AKIRA (10:30) with the Musasabi Press on Kumagoro. (6) WRESTLE-1 vs DESPERADO Tag Match: KAI & Shotaro Ashino vs. Masayuki Kono & Ryoji Sai [ZERO1] ◆Winner: Kono (11:11) following a Running Knee on Ashino. ~ Kono tried to lay out KAI with a chair following the match.
(7) W-1 Cruiserweight Championship & EWP Intercontinental Championship Double Title Match: [1st Cruiser Champion] Minoru Tanaka vs. [EWP Champion] TAJIRI ◆Winner: Minoru (12:00) following the Tornado Kaki Cutter. ~ Minoru makes his 2nd successful defense with the Cruiser belt and reclaims the EWP IC belt. ~ Minoru is once more a 4 crown champion with the ZERO1 Jr. Double Crown also in his possession. ~ Following the loss, TAJIRI was removed from DESPERADO.
(8) Road to KEIJI MUTO Final Match: Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio vs. Seiki Yoshioka ◆Winner: Kuroshio (15:15) with the Ikemen Sault (Moonsault). ~ Ikemen earns the singles match against Keiji Mutoh on June 18th. ~ Mutoh raised the winners arm after the match. ~ Ikemen stated that he looks to inherit the moonsault, something that even Seiya Sanada tried to achieve.
New Japan Pro Wrestling “BEST OF THE SUPER Jr. XXII”, 5/30/2015 [Sat] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Tomoaki Honma & David Finlay vs. Yohei Komatsu & Sho Tanaka ◆Winner: Honma (11:34) following the Kokeshi on Sho. (2) Tiger Mask IV & Jay White vs. Chase Owens & Barbaro Cavernario ◆Winner: Owens (9:59) following the Package Driver on White. (3) Kazuchika Okada, Rocky Romero & Barreta vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Cody Hall & Nick Jackson ◆Winner: Okada (12:55) following the Rainmaker on Hall. (4) Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Katsuyori Shibata & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, Kazushi Sakuraba & YOSHI-HASHI ◆Winner: Yano (16:50) via pin-fall on Captain.
(6) BOSJ A BLOCK Match: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Gedo ◆Winner: Liger (12:36) with a European Clutch Hold.
~ Liger [2 wins, 2 losses = 4 points]
~ Gedo [2 wins, 2 losses = 4 points]
(7) BOSJ A BLOCK Match: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kyle O’Reilly ◆Winner: Taguchi (13:15) with the Oh My & Ga-ankle (Ankle Hold).
~ Taguchi [3 wins, 1 loss = 6 points]
~ O’Reilly [3 wins, 1 loss = 6 points]
(8) BOSJ B BLOCK Match: KUSHIDA vs. Bobby Fish ◆Winner: KUSHIDA (16:29) with the Hoverboard Lock.
NOAH “Navigation with Breeze 2015″, 5/30/2015 [Sat] 17:00 @ Differ Ariake in Tokyo
(1) Shiro Tomoyose’s Debut Match: Mitsuhiro Kitamiya vs. Shiro Tomoyose ◆Winner: Kitamiya (8:12) with a Boston Crab. ~ Tomoyose makes his official debut as he is NOAH’s first rookie in 2 years and 4 months to do so.
(2) Genba Hirayanagi vs. Jon Webb ◆Winner: Genba (5:15) following the Shoryu Genba. (3) Quiet Storm vs. Masao Inoue [FREE] ◆Winner: Storm (9:20) following the 50cm Arm Lariat. (4) Yoshinari Ogawa & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Super Crazy & Captain NOAH ◆Winner: Crazy (12:07) with the Solpressa on Sabre. (5) Muhammed Yone & Taiji Ishimori vs. Kenoh & Hajime Ohara ◆Winner: Yone (12:02) following a Kinniku Buster on Ohara. ~ Ohara and Kenoh have seem to have lost their edge as a team as of late as Kenoh accidentally hit Ohara setting up Yone to claim the win.
(6) Takashi Sugiura & Akitoshi Saito vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima & Atsushi Kotoge ◆Winner: Sugiura (14:43) following the Olympic Qualifying Slam on Kotoge.
(7) Elimination Match: Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka, Taichi, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku vs. Maybach Taniguchi, Naomichi Marufuji, Yoshihiro Takayama, Genba Hirayanagi & Hitoshi Kumano ~ Iizuka sent Marufuji over the top rope (3:13). ~ Takayama following a Knee Lift on Iizuka (8:31). ~ Suzuki sent Takayama over the top rope (10:23). ~ Taichi with the Low Fly Flow on Harada (13:53), ~ Both TAKA & Taichi were sent over the top rope (19:47). ~ Taniguchi with the Maybach Bomb on Desperado (20:21). ~ Taniguchi sent Suzuki over the top rope (23:20). ~ Iizuka tried to finish off Taniguchi with the Iron Finger From Hell, but Marufuji charged back into the ring to make the save. ◆Winner: Taniguchi (26:03) with the Maybach Press on Taichi. ~ Maybach once more claims a much needed win for team NOAH as he also heads into the GHC challenge against Suzuki later in June. ~ Suzuki stormed the ring following Taniguchi’s win and ripped his mask from his head. Team NOAH jumped into the ring, but the insult was already done to the Taniguchi. Kitamiya threw a shirt over Taniguchi’s head as Team NOAH properly celebrated the win. ~ Harada and Kumano then closed the show by stating that they will reclaim the GHC Jr. belts from SZKG in June.
TOKYO GURENTAI “TOKYO LOVE 5”, 7/15/2015 [Wed] 19:00 @ Shinjuku FACE in Tokyo (-) Tokyo Intercontinental Tag Championship: [2nd Champions] Masaaki Mochizuki & Hikaru Sato vs. [Challengers] Mitsuo Momota & Chikara ~ 3rd title defense. (-) Tokyo World Heavyweight Championship: [4th Champion] MAZADA vs. [Challenger] NOSAWA Rongai ~ 1st title defense.
◆GUTS World Sanctioned Title Matches◆
GUTS World, 7/19/2015 [Sun] @ Shinjuku FACE in Tokyo
(-) GWC Single Championship: [Champion] Daisuke vs. [Challenger] Mr. Gannosuke ~ 2nd title defense.
[RJPW News] Even though Tiger Mask is currently suffering from heart problems, the next scheduled show on June 11th will be going on as scheduled. Representative of Real Japan Takemasa Hirai was present on Tiger’s behalf as he mentioned that Tiger is currently recuperating and aims for a full recovery. Though as of right now Tiger is still really weak from surgery and is unable to be present for today’s press conference.
The main event was announced as Masakatsu Funaki will be teaming with the returning 5th generation Tiger Mask to take on the team of Super Tiger and Taka Kunou. Super Tiger stated that he has a strong sense of responsibility to have a good showing for Tiger Mask. That this match has an special feel to it as he competes with such talented grapplers and fighters for Tiger’s namesake. Funaki declared that he wishes to see Tiger’s return and aims to prepare for this by keeping his ideals strong. The 5th Generation Tiger Mask will be making his long awaited return to the ring as he returns to the pro-wrestling ring. His identity is still left unknown, but he mentioned that it was the right time now to return to the ring. He aims to embody the “true strong style” in the absence of The First Tiger Mask.
Below is the announced card at this time…
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling “Shodai Tiger Mask Kogane Densetsu ~ LEGEND OF THE GOLD”, 6/11/2015 [Thu] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) 10 Man Battle Royal: Super Rider, Hayato Mashita, Gran Hamada [FREE], Mitsuo Momota [Riki Enterprise], Chikara [Riki Enterprise], Wakashoyo [Yamaishi], Bear Fukuda [SECRET BASE], Masato Shibata [U-FILE CAMP], Kotaro Nasu [U-FILE CAMP], and Kenji Takeshima [Sportiva]
(2) Ultimo Dragon [Toryumon MEXICO] & Hidehiko Hasegawa [Hatsu-sansen] vs. Masao Orihara [Mobius] & Black Tiger [FREE]
(3) Atsushi Onita & Ichiro Yaguchi [both Onita-gundan] vs. Great Tiger & Kazuhiko Ogasawara [PRO-KARATE]
(4) Tatsumi Fujinami & LEONA [both DRADITION] vs. Alexander Otsuka [AODC] & Daisuke Sekimoto [BJW]
(5) Shodai Tiger Mask Satoru Sayama Produce Match: Super Tiger & Taka Kunou [Team Akira Ota] vs. Masakatsu Funaki [W-1] & 5th Generation Tiger Mask
BJW, 5/28/2015 [Thu] 19:00 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(0) Kazumi Kikuta vs. Tatsuo Omori ◆Winner: Omori (5:00) with a Boston Crab.
(1) Ryuichi Kawakami, Hideyoshi Kamitani & Toshiyuki Sakuda vs. Kazuki Hashimoto, Atsushi Maruyama [FREE] & Yoshihisa Uto ◆Winner: Kawakami (11:26) following a Hurrican Driver on Uto. (2) Bring the Weapons Dress Code Party Tag Death Match: Kankuro Hoshino & Masato Inaba [FREE] vs. Jaki Numazawa & Takumi Tsukamoto [FREE] ◆Winner: Tsukamoto (11:18) with a Modified Sleeper Hold on Inaba. (3) Tsutomu Osugi, Hercule Senga & Shinobu vs. Shu Brahman, Kei Brahman & Yuichi Taniguchi ◆Winner: DRAW (3:29) via double ring-out. Rematch ◆Winner: Shinobu (3:50) following the S.E.X. on Kei.
(4) Fluorescent Light-tube 6 Man Tag Death Match: Abdullah Kobayashi, Yuko Miyamoto  & Isami Kodaka [UNION] vs. Ryuji Ito, Saburo Inematsu [K-DOJO] & Ryuichi Sekine [K-DOJO] ◆Winner: Kobayashi (9:20) with a Boston Crab on Sekine.
(5) Pinholder & Concrete Block Death Match: Masashi Takeda [U-FILE CAMP] vs. Takayuki Ueki ◆Winner: Takeda (12:08) with a German Suplex Hold.
(6) BJW Tag Championship Match: [39th Champions] “Twin Towers” Shuji Ishikawa (UNION) & Kohei Sato (ZERO1) vs. [Challengers] “Strong BJ” Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi ◆Winner: DRAW (30:00) Time Limit Draw. ~ Champions retain in draw, 6th successful title defense. ~ Yankee NichoKenju, Yuko Miyamoto and Isami Kodaka, then came out to challenge the champions following the match. ~ Sekimoto and Okabayashi then had a staredown with the BJW World Strong belt. ~ They were then joined by Abdullah Kobayashi and Ryuji Ito who are the next match scheduled for the BJW Deathmatch belt. ~ It seems we now have the triple main event scheduled for the Ryogoku Kokugikan show on 7/20.
[Kaki Aid News] Big Japan’s Eiji Tozaka announced that they will be holding a special event along with Kazuo Yamazaki as a way to earn donations for Masahito Kakihara, who is suffering from malignant lymphoma.
The event will be known as “Masahito Kakihara Support Rally Moving On ~Kaki Aid~” and it will be held on August 18th at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo.
Kakihara, currently 43 years old, made his debut back in August of 1990 in UWF, then UWFi (international), before then making his way through All Japan, NOAH, and then NJPW. One of the last big highlights of his career was wining the BOSJ in 2003 before he then retired a couple years later in 2006. He then joined the NJPW IWGP executive committee after his retirement. In 2011 he would make a minor return as a masked wrestler “ミヤマ☆仮面 / Miyama☆Kamen” and he competed in a U-SPIRIT match. Though in December of 2014 he announced publicly that he had been diagnosed with malignant lymphoma.
Kazuo Yamazaki, who was his senior in UWF, has already formed a “Kaki Oentai / Kaki Support Group” and is the lead representative. Yoshihiro Takayama, also from UWF back in the day, has also been at shows asking for donations for his ill friend.
Yamazaki stated that “Moving On” was the name of the original UWF event in which Kakihara made his debut. He stated that the all money earned excluding expenses, namely the amount that it costs to hold a show at Korakuen, will be given in full to help support Kakihara at this time. Yamazaki stated that no matches have been determined at this time but that he will be focusing on talent that either know Kakihara or wish to honor him with a match on the show. At least 5-7 matches will be planned and will feature both a mix of UWF rules and pro-wrestling rules.
Yoshihiro Takayama has already placed his name on the top of the list to be involved on the show and he wishes to take part in a UWF style match. Minoru Tanaka, who knew Kakihara from his days in NJPW, announced his participation. Minoru as of late has been using Kakihara own original move in the “Tornado Kaki Cutter” to claim the victory in matches.