Real Japan Pro-Wrestling “Return to Origin”, 12/7/2017 [Thu] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo 1,465 Spectators
~ A 10 count gong was held for the late Don Arakawa.
~ Tiger Mask held a public exhibition with Taka Kunoh, Nobuyuki Kurashima, Super Rider and Hayato Mashita, as he showed off the key points of what “strong style” truly represents. The veteran showed off some moves of his own as he stated that he intends to return to the ring the next show which will be March 28 at the Korakuen Hall.
(1) Masakatsu Funaki (FREE) vs. Takatoshi Matsumoto (ALPHA)
◆Winner: Funaki (6:29) following the Hybrid Blaster.
(2) “3rd Generation Taioh” Yukio Naya vs. Raijin Yaguchi (FREE)
◆Winner: Naya (1:26) following a Backdrop. ~ The rookie Naya claims his second direct win over the veteran Yaguchi.
~ His 3rd career match is set to take place on March 28.
(3) Legend Championship Match: [13th Champion] Super Tiger vs. [Challenger] HGZ
◆Winner: Super Tiger (7:24) with a German Suplex Hold. ~ No next challenger was decided at this time, but Super Tiger stated that he is eager to continue proving himself as a fighting champion.
Real Japan Pro Wrestling “GOLDEN AGE OF THE TIGER ~ First Tiger Mask 35th Anniversary”, 12/7/2016 [Wed] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo 1,522 Spectators
(1) Nobuyuki Kurashima (DRADITION) vs. Masato Shibata (FREE)
◆Winner: Masato (8:19) with a Body Press.
(2) Hideki Suzuki (FREE) vs. Hayato Mashita
◆Winner: Hideki (3:46) with a Double Wrist Lock.
(3) First Tiger Mask Return Match: First Tiger Mask, Super Rider & Masao Orihara (Mobius) vs. Raijin Yaguchi (Onita Gundan), Alexander Otsuka (AODC) & Minoru Tanaka (FREE)
◆Winner: First Tiger (14:45) following a High Kick on Yaguchi.
(4) Ultimo Dragon (Toryumon MEXICO) & YamamotoSAN (COMBO) vs. The Great Sasuke (MichiPro) & Kotaro Nasu (FREE)
◆Winner: Dragon (10:17) with a La Magistral on Nasu.
(5) Super Tiger, Masakatsu Funaki & 5th Generation Tiger Mask vs. Yuki Ishikawa (Battle Arts Canada), Great Tiger & 5th generation Black Tiger
◆Winner: Super Tiger (16:14) with a Tiger Suplex Hold on Black Tiger.
(6) Legend Championship Match: [Champion] Shinjiro Otani vs. [Challenger] Taka Kunoh
◆Winner: Otani (11:02) following a Release Dragon Suplex.
~ 1st successful title defense.
Satoru Sayama Produce 1st Generation Tiger Mask Golden Legend ~ LEGEND OF GOLD V”, 6/23/2016 [Thu] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Super Rider, Kazuhiko Ogasawara [KARATE] & Hayato Mashita vs. Noboyuki Kurashima [DRADITION], YamamotoSAN [COMBO] & “Rikidozan III” Chikara [Riki Enterprise]
◆Winner: Mashita (10:08) with the Sukuinage on Chikara.
(2) Taka Kunoh [Team Akira Ota] vs. LEONA [DRADITION]
◆Winner: Kunoh (5:57) with a Jackhammer.
(3) Ultimo Dragon [Toryumon MEXICO] & Heat [FREE] vs. Noboyuki Kurashima [Mobius] & Masato Shibata [FREE]
◆Winner: Dragon (10:59) with a La Magistral on M. Shibata.
(-) Special Demonstration : First Tiger Mask vs. Minowaman ~ Just an exhibition as Tiger makes his long awaited return to the ring as he showcased himself as getting closer to a full return.
(4) Super Tiger, Mitsuya Nagai & Alexander Otsuka vs. Kendo Kashin, Hideki Suzuki & Shogun Okamoto
◆Winner: Cashin (12:36) with a Small Package on Super Tiger. ~ The Rogue IGF Army stated that they aim to continue competing in RJPW in the future following today’s win.
(5) Legend Championship Match: [9th Champion] Daisuke Sekimoto vs. [Challenger] Masakatsu Funaki
◆Winner: Funaki (13:12) following the Hybrid Blaster.
~ Champion falls on his 2nd title defense.
~ Funaki re-captures the belt and becomes the 10th generation champion.
[RJPW News] The First Generation Tiger Mask took part in his first press conference following the recent surgery he underwent on the blood vessels near his heart.
Tiger first off stated that he is sorry to those who have been worried about his condition, but his voice was noticeably weaker though with that said his physique did not appear noticeably different. He stated that he was indeed in a serious condition and that this was not the first time that he has dealt with this issue as he underwent the same procedure in elementary school.
Tiger Mask stated that his physical condition has been poor as of late and that it only led to the situation that he is now. With all that is going on though, he has denied the rumors of his retirement and that he will begin training and recovering later this Summer as he aims to resume in active competition. One of the ways being for him to get better is to improve his overall health with diet and exercise. Tiger has made a vow that he will regain back his strength in hopes of standing in the ring once more.
[RJPW News] Even though Tiger Mask is currently suffering from heart problems, the next scheduled show on June 11th will be going on as scheduled. Representative of Real Japan Takemasa Hirai was present on Tiger’s behalf as he mentioned that Tiger is currently recuperating and aims for a full recovery. Though as of right now Tiger is still really weak from surgery and is unable to be present for today’s press conference.
The main event was announced as Masakatsu Funaki will be teaming with the returning 5th generation Tiger Mask to take on the team of Super Tiger and Taka Kunou. Super Tiger stated that he has a strong sense of responsibility to have a good showing for Tiger Mask. That this match has an special feel to it as he competes with such talented grapplers and fighters for Tiger’s namesake. Funaki declared that he wishes to see Tiger’s return and aims to prepare for this by keeping his ideals strong. The 5th Generation Tiger Mask will be making his long awaited return to the ring as he returns to the pro-wrestling ring. His identity is still left unknown, but he mentioned that it was the right time now to return to the ring. He aims to embody the “true strong style” in the absence of The First Tiger Mask.
Below is the announced card at this time…
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling “Shodai Tiger Mask Kogane Densetsu ~ LEGEND OF THE GOLD”, 6/11/2015 [Thu] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) 10 Man Battle Royal: Super Rider, Hayato Mashita, Gran Hamada [FREE], Mitsuo Momota [Riki Enterprise], Chikara [Riki Enterprise], Wakashoyo [Yamaishi], Bear Fukuda [SECRET BASE], Masato Shibata [U-FILE CAMP], Kotaro Nasu [U-FILE CAMP], and Kenji Takeshima [Sportiva]
(2) Ultimo Dragon [Toryumon MEXICO] & Hidehiko Hasegawa [Hatsu-sansen] vs. Masao Orihara [Mobius] & Black Tiger [FREE]
(3) Atsushi Onita & Ichiro Yaguchi [both Onita-gundan] vs. Great Tiger & Kazuhiko Ogasawara [PRO-KARATE]
(4) Tatsumi Fujinami & LEONA [both DRADITION] vs. Alexander Otsuka [AODC] & Daisuke Sekimoto [BJW]
(5) Shodai Tiger Mask Satoru Sayama Produce Match: Super Tiger & Taka Kunou [Team Akira Ota] vs. Masakatsu Funaki [W-1] & 5th Generation Tiger Mask
[RJPW News] An update on The First Tiger Mask (Satoru Sayama) has been released as they have reportedly found that he has damage to the blood vessels near his heart following a thorough examination a few days ago.
He originally underwent tests on the 9th as he was having issues walking and was noted to have had pain in his chest. He was then pulled from competing in the DRADITION show on the 11th due to health issues, which was noted the day of that show.
Real Japan’s 10th Anniversary show next month, June 11, will be taking place as scheduled. There is no word on if Sayama will be present, but it seems rumors are now circulating that he could very well be announcing his official retirement sooner rather than later.
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling “BURNING TIGER”, 3/20/2015 [Fri] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Super Rider & Chikara [Riki Enterprise] vs. Bear Fukuda [Secret Base] & Wakashoyo [FREE] ◆Winner: Wakashoyo (10:50) with a Body Press on Chikara.
(2) Mitsuo Momota [Riki Enterprise] vs. Hayato Mashita ◆Winner: Momota (6:08) following a Backdrop.
(3) Atsushi Onita [Cho Hanabi] & Hideki Hosaka [FREE] vs. Great Tiger & Black Tiger [FREE] ◆Winner: Black Tiger (9:17) following a Diving Elbow Drop on Hosaka. ~ Black & Great Tiger attacked the commissioner of Real Japan after the match which led to Onita, of all people, to make the save.
(4) Ultimo Dragon [Toryumon MEXICO] & Alexander Otsuka [AODC] vs. Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION] & Heddi French [FREE] ◆Winner: Otsuka (13:20) with a German Suplex Hold on French.
(5) Tatsumi Fujinami [DRADITION], Super Tiger & Kazuhiko Ogasawara [FREE] vs. Minoru Suzuki [Pancrase MISSION], Masao Orihara [Mobius] & Taka Kunou [Team Akira Ota] ◆Winner: Fujinami (15:34) with a Dragon Sleeper on Orihara. ~ Fujinami acknowledged that he will be going into the WWE Hall of Fame. He also mentioned that he will continue to have a lifelong career in the ring.
(6) Main Event Single Match: First Generation Tiger Mask vs. Akebono [AJPW] ◆Winner: Akebono (10:50) with a Running Body Press. ~ The former sumo wrestler Takatoriki came into the ring to challenge the former Yokozuna Akebono face-to-face. Akebono appeared to have accepted the offer for a match.
[DRADITION News] Tatsumi Fujinami held a press conference at the Real Japan/Sayama Dojo to announced that the First Tiger Mask and his top student Super Tiger will be taking on Mitsuya Nagai and Black Tiger (Tatsuhito Takaiwa) in a tag match for the upcoming show on November 19. This match will be featured as a student and teacher showdown as a whole, as each man involved has studied under Tiger Mask in some capacity. Tiger Mask stated that the “real strong style” will be the shown in this match. The veteran Tiger Mask that he is healthy and is ready more than ever to compete in the ring.
Also announced is Takashi Sugiura taking on Alexander Otsuka in a singles match. Which is the first time the two have met in singles competition since roughly 13 and a half years ago. The two originally faced one another back in ZERO-ONE on April 18, 2001 and was noted as a defining moment for Sugiura who was still a rookie at the time. Fujinami stated that this a rematch that he personally wants to see, and one he thought should have happened sooner.
Fujinami also announce that Hiro Saito will be in singles competition against a Pro Wrestling Noah veteran in Yoshinari Ogawa. The two have had some top moments in their careers, but went down two separate paths as Hiro was in New Japan and Ogawa was in All Japan. They both are very talented in their craft and this is another match that he feels will fit with this upcoming show. Below is the announced card at this time…
DRADITION “IMMORTAL DRAGON”, 11/19/2014 [Wed] 19:00 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
Newly announced… (-) Hiro Saito vs. Yoshinari Ogawa [NOAH] (-) Takashi Sugiura vs. Alexander Otsuka [AO/DC] (-) First Tiger Mask [RJPW] & Super Tiger [RJPW] vs. Mitsuya Nagai & Black Tiger [FREE]
Previously announced… (-) Daisuke Sekimoto [BJW] vs. LEONA (-) Special Single Match: Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Naomichi Marufuji [NOAH]
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling “Strong Style”, 10/18/2014 [Thu] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Super Rider & Gran Hamada vs. KenjiTakeshima &KotaroNasu ◆Winner: Hamada (8:35) with a Cross Armbar on Takeshima.
(2) Mitsuo Momota & Shingo Garyu vs. KazuhikoOgasawara & “2nd Generation Rikidozan” Chikara ◆Winner: Momota (9:37) following a Backdrop on Chikara.
(3) UltimoDragon &HayatoMashita vs. MasaoOrihara & Wakashoyo ◆Winner: Dragon (9:38) with a Backslide on Wakashoyo.
~ Takatoriki came out and announced that he wants his second match to be alongside Tiger Mask. Tiger Mask agreed that it should happen. ~ It appears the match will be a part of the next show on December 5th at the Korakuen Hall.
(4) Yuki Ishikawa & Hideki Suzuki vs. AlexanderOtsuka &DaisukeSekimoto ◆Winner: Yuki (12:25) with a Cross Kneebar on Otsuka.
(5) Minoru Suzuki & Super Tiger vs. Akitoshi Saito & Masato Shibata ◆Winner: Suzuki (17:59) following the Gotch style Piledriver on Masato. ~ Super Tiger stated that he wants another singles match against Minoru Suzuki sometime within the next year. Their last meeting being roughly 3 and a half years ago.
(6) The First Tiger Mask, Tatsumi Fujinami & Masakatsu Funaki vs. Koji Kanemoto, Great Tiger & Taka Kunou ◆Winner: First Tiger (17:18) following a Diving Headbutt on Great Tiger. ~ First Tiger returns from being sidelined looking as “strong” as ever. Earlier in the show he stated that he is 100% and hasn’t felt this good in a while.
[RJPW News] Real Japan announced the main event matches for their upcoming show on July 2 at the Korakuen Hall.
A press conference was held in Tokyo as The First Tiger Mask announced the double main event for their next upcoming show. Tiger announced that he will be teaming with W-1’s Masakatsu Funaki as they take on Yoshiaki Fujiwara and the ever mysterious Great Tiger. This match is being poised as a teacher vs. student showdown as Funaki is a disciple of Fujiwara’s dating all the way back to New Japan Pro Wrestling in 1984. According to Funaki’s memory, The two competed against one another for the last time on July 26, 1991 which makes this the first time they have faced in 23 years. Funaki also added that he would also like to challenge Fujiwara to a one-on-one match if the opportunity is given. Fujiwara stated that Funaki has certainly grown into his own throughout the years and that he will do his best to challenge his former protege.
Then the other match will see Tatsumi Fujinami, Riki Choshu and Super Tiger taking on Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Taka Kunou and Daisuke Sekimoto.
Tiger stated that these matches that have been announced are what he feels is “most appropriate for the strong style.” Everyone has their own style, but all have a common thread in pro-wrestling.
Below is the announced card at this time…
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling “DIG UP ~ Hakkutsu ~”, 7/2/2014 [Wed] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo (5) Tatsumi Fujinami [DRADITION], Riki Choshu [RikiPro] & Super Tiger vs. Tatsuhito Takaiwa [FREE], Taka Kunou [Team Ota] & Daisuke Sekimoto [BJW] (6) First Tiger Mask & Masakatsu Funaki [WRESTLE-1] vs. Yoshiaki Fujiwara [Fujiwara-gumi] & Great Tiger
Also announced to be competing… Minoru Suzuki [Pancrase MISSION] Akitoshi Saito [NOAH] Alexander Otsuka [AO/DC] Super Rider Masao Orihara [Mobius] Gran Hamada [FREE] Chikara (Momota) Kazuhiko Ogasawara Wasakshoyo [FREE] Shingo Garyu Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION] Hideki Suuzki [FREE] Masato Shibata [U-FILE CAMP] Hayato Mashita
[LEGEND News] Tatsumi Fujinami announced the headlining match for the upcoming LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING show coming up on July 19th in Osaka.
Fujinami announced that he will be teaming with Riki Choshu and The First Tiger Mask as they take on W-1’s hell unit “DESPERADO”, Masayuki Kono, KAZMA SAKAMOTO, and Rene Dupree. DESPERADO has been a thorn in the side of Fujinami’s son LEONA during his first ever tour with W-1 and Fujinami has taken it upon himself to challenge the group for the upcoming show. Kono sent a message to Fujinami stating that the he doesn’t not care if the “elderly” want to challenge his group as when they win it’ll do nothing but make DESPERADO stronger. Fujinami stated that if Kono wants to mock us and play the bully to LEONA that they, Fujinami, Choshu & Tiger, will show some proper retaliation back.
Only one match has been announced for the show at this time.
LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING, 7/19/2014 [Sat] 17:30 @ BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM, 2nd Stadium in Osaka
(-) Main Event 6 Man Tag Match: Tatsumi Fujinami, Riki Choshu & First Tiger Mask vs. “DESPERADO” Masayuki Kono, KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Rene Dupree
Also scheduled to compete: LEONA Koji Kanemoto Akitoshi Saito Hiro Saito Mitsuya Nagai Tatsuhito Takaiwa Super Tiger Alexander Otsuka Zeus The Bodyguard NOSAWA Rongai MAZADA Bear Fukuda Miracle Man Black Shadow Noboyuki Kurashima Ryuta Hasumi
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling “STRONG STYLE RETURNS PROJECT “Former Sumo Sekiwake Takatoriki Pro-Wrestling Debut”, 4/16/2014 [Wed] 18:30 @ Yoyogi Stadium Second Gymnasium in Tokyo 3,917 Spectators (crowded)
(1) Super Rider vs. Katsunari Toi ◆Winner: Rider (8:05) with a Japaneselegrollclutchhold.
(2) Shingo Garyu Pro-Wrestling Debut Match: Shingo Garyu & Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION] vs. Alexander Otsuka [AO/DC] & Masato Shibata [U-FILE CAMP ◆Winner: Hikaru (10:35) with a Cross Armbar on Shibata.
(3) Taka Kunou vs. Wakashoyo ◆Winner: Kunou (3:22) with a Cross Armbar
(4) 6 Man Tag Match: Mitsuo Momota, Masao Orihira [Mobius] & Chikara vs. Gran Hamada [Free], Ultimo Dragon [Toryumon MEXICO] & Hayato Mashita ◆Winner: Momota (11:31) following a Backdrop on Mashita.
(5) Legend Championship Match: [7th Champion] Super Tiger vs. [Challenger] Great Tiger ◆Winner: Super Tiger (10:15) via pinfall. ~ 4th successful title defense. ~ Great Tiger removed Super Tiger’s mask and exposing his true face, but Super cowered back with his hands over his face almost immediately. He would then grab the towel carried by the ringside second and left the hall.
(6) Tatsumi Fujinami [DRADITION] & Hiromitsu Kanehara vs. Riki Ishin & Kazuhiko Ogasawara ◆Winner: Fujinami (8:58) with a Dragon Sleeper on Ogasawara.
(7) The First Tiger Mask vs. Akitoshi Saito [FREE] ◆Winner: Tiger (13:02) with a Tiger Suplex. ~ The two shook hands after the match.
(8) Takatoriki’s Debut Match: Takatoriki & Minoru Suzuki [Pancrase MISSION] vs. Atsushi Onita & Ichiro Yaguchi [both Jadogun] ◆Winner: Takatoriki (11:10) following a Lariat on Yaguchi.
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling, 1/19/2014 [Sun] 15:00 @ Act City Hamamatsu in Shizuoka
(1) Super Rider vs. Kotaro Nasu [U-FILE CAMP] ◆Winner: Super Rider (9:10) following a Rider Kick.
(2) Masao Orihara [Mobius] & Hayato Mashita vs. Wakashoyo [Free] & Kenji Takeshima [Sportiva] ◆Winner: Orihara (10:15) with a Michinoku Driver II on Takeshima.
(3) Taka Kunou [Team Akira Ota] vs. Masato Shibata [U-FILE CAMP] ◆Winner: Kunou (2:05) with a Jumping rolling cross-ambar.
(4) Great Tiger [Unknown] vs. Bear Fukuda [SECRET BASE] ◆Winner: Great Tiger (9:16) following a Diving Knee Attack.
(5) Legend Championship Match: [Champion] Super Tiger vs. [Challenger] Masashi Aoyagi [Seishin Hall] ◆Winner: Super Tiger (8:20) with a German Suplex Hold.
(6) Main Event 6 Man Tag Match: First Tiger Mask, Riki Choshu [RikiPro] & Gran Hamada [Free] vs. Tatsumi Fujinami [DRADITION], Alexander Otsuka [AO/DC] & Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION] ◆Winner: Tiger Mask (12:24) with a Tiger Suplex Hold on Hikaru.
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling “NATURAL”, 12/12/2013 [Thu] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo (1) Gran Hamada [Free], Wakashoyo [Free] & Hayato Mashita vs. Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION], Masato Shibata [U-FILE CAMP] & Kenji Takeshima [Sportiva] ◆Winner: Mashita (12:00) following a Dangerous Backdrop on Takeshima.
(2) Super Rider vs. NOSAWA Rongai [Tokyo Gurentai] ◆Winner: Rider (10:17) with a Cross Armbar.
(3) Atsushi Onita [Free] & Ichiro Yaguchi [Free] vs. Ultimo Dragon [Toryumon MEXICO] & Masao Orihara [Mobius] ◆Winner: Ultimo (9:48) via pinfall on Yaguchi. ~ Takatoriki came out and attacked Onita this time out of revenge for the repeated assaults in the past. ~ Takatoriki  is a former sumo wrestler who was stated to make his debut as a pro wrestler, but it has been held off until next year. ~ Onita requested a Current Blast Deathmatch against former sumo.
(4) Legend Championship Match: [Champion] Super Tiger vs. [Challenger] Taka Kunou ◆Winner: Tiger (8:07) with a Tiger Suplex Hold. ~ 2nd successful defense. ~ Super Tiger stated that his aim is to show the real strong style and that pro-wrestling is the strongest of all martial arts. ~ He also made an appeal to take the belt outside of RJPW next year, to defend and compete more in other promotions. ~ Super Tiger also mentioned a potential match against NJPW’s Shinsuke Nakamura to see who really is “Strong Style”.
(5) 6 Man Tag Match: Riki Choshu [RikiPro], Tatsumi Fujinami [DRADITION] & Alexander Otsuka [AODC] vs. Yuki Ishikawa [Battle Arts Academy Canada], Daisuke Sekimoto [BJW] & Yuji Okabayashi [BJW] ◆Winner: Fujinami (9:58) following a Dragon Screw to a Figure 4 Leg Lock on Ishikawa.
(6) The First Tiger Mask vs. Great Tiger ◆Winner: Great Tiger (11:23) with an Abdominal Stretch/Cobra Twist. ~ Great Tiger then provoked his big win over the veteran, Super Tiger then came out to protect his teacher. ~ Sayama, who has been suffering from abdominal injuries, was carried out on a stretcher after the match.
[Real Japan News] the First Tiger Mask, Satoru Sayama, held a press conference today to announce that he will be taking taking the debuting Great Tiger on December 12.
The unidentified Great Tiger has spent some time in special training in the mountains in Tochigi, Japan and is being mentioned as the “ultimate weapon”. Sayama’s goal is to see a true return-to-form of pro wrestling and is seeing Great Tiger as the future.
In some bad news though, Sayama announced that his body is in rough shape following the last DRADITION show on 11/19 and that after going to see a doctor he has been diagnosed with diagnostic piriformis syndrome. Sayama stated that he is still in a lot of pain, but he appears to be pushing himself to compete next month against his latest student.
Below is the announced card at this time.
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling, 12/12/2013 [Thu] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
Newly Announced: (-) The First Tiger Mask vs. Great Tiger
Previously Announced: (-) Legend Championship Match: [Champion] Super Tiger vs. [Challenger] Tiger Shark
Also announced to be competing… Tatsumi Fujinami [DRADITION] Riki Choshu [RikiPro] Ultimo Dragon [Toryumon MEXICO] Yuki Ishikawa [Battle Arts Academy Canada] Alexander Otsuka [AODC] Masao Orihara [Mobius] Mitsuya Nagai [DRADITION] Wakashoyo [Free] Gran Hamada [Free] Super Rider [RJPW] Hayato Mashita [RJPW]