[WNC News] Wrestling New Classic announced today that Hajime Ohara will be resigning from the company. This news is pretty abrupt and even WNC noted how quickly this announcement came.
It seems there is conflict with what Ohara things he should be doing as a pro wrestling and that he has been missing something since coming to WNC. Even his recent group of DQN has not been going the way he had planned. Because of his conflicts he has taken it upon himself to leave WNC.
Following this announcement, TAJIRI provided an overview on the the current happenings in WNC.
1. Hiroki Murase, who is known as the large rookie, made his debut on January 25th and picked up not one but two wins on the night. Murase would make Yoshihiro Doguchi tap to the Chicken-wing Armlock in the pre-show public protest match which in turn caught TAJIRI’s attention and he placed him on the show to face Josh O’Brien. O’Brien would then end up tapping as well to Murase’s Chicken-wing Armlock. It is rare to see a rookie come in and defeat a senior wrestler in the ring, whether they be a rookie themselves or not. Apparently this could just be the beginning for him.
2. Takuya Kito and his on going struggle to erase his name from any wrong doing isn’t going as planned. The story is that Takuya Kito was suspected as the culprit of spying in the women’s locker room. Due to this, TAJIRI was left with no choice but to banish Kito from WNC. Kito would save himself by saying that he will not give up in finding the real criminal. On the January 25th show, Kito called out the “fake” Takuya Kito, aka the imposter, to show himself and face him in a match. Kito would appear for the match with handcuffs to arrest the culprit, but Keizo Matsuda, formerly of IWA Japan, would then appear and end up handcuffing Kito after the match. It seems this story still has a while to go.
3. 2013 could be Makoto’s year. The show on 1/25 saw Makoto get the upset win over the reigning WNC Women’s Champion in Shuri in the main event’s 6 man tag match. A few days later, Shuri would get her win back in a singles match, but this feud only seems to be on the verge of being something more.
4. TAJIRI announced that Emil Sitoci will be coming back to WNC in Fevruary after his tremendous showing this month. Sitoci said that he is very grateful to TAJIRI who offered him the chance to compete in WNC, and he has much respect for AKIRA. The future seems bright for the 27 year old.
5. Following Ohara’s announced DQN will be no more, and that leaves Nozaki and more specifically Jiro Kuroshio to begin anew. Kuroshio already has the chance to begin fresh as he lost his hair on the 1/27 show and rebelled against Ohara and Nozaki. Kuroshio stated that Ohara in no way a leader, this could in part be what is eating Ohara up in side and lead to his announcement. What happens next for Kuroshio is completely in his own hands.
6. TAJIRI urged his young wrestlers to assert themselves including Masaya Takahashi whom he said by name. He declared 2013 to belong to the young talent to change the landscape of WNC. Yusuke Kodama, Koji Doi, Shinose Sanjushichi, Masaya Takahashi, Josh O’Brien, Yoshihiro Doguchi and Hiroki Murase.
TAJIRI noted Masaya Takahashi will be the first to prove himself as he has called out AKIRA to a match following his win in a special battle royal for the winner to announce an opponent of their choosing.
TAJIR made these points to show that there is much more to WNC with 2013 only being the beginning of the things to come. “2013年のWNCはNon Stop！”
WNC’s next scheduled shows for the month of February will be as follows…
Shuri Produced Show “STIMULUS”, 2/8/2013 @Shinjuku FACE
WNC FUTURE Second Edition ~Challenge~, 2/16/2013 @ Kita-senju Theater 1010
WNC, 2/28/2013 @ Shinjuku FACE