[WRESTLE-1 News] W-1 held a press conference before tomorrow’s Ryogoku Kokugikan show.
The show will be focused on Keiji Mutoh’s 30th anniversary as a pro-wrestling as he will be in the main event taking on the WRESTLE-1 Champion Masayuki Kono. It is no secret that Mutoh has taken a step back from competing full-time since the formation of W-1, but he stated himself that tomorrow’s show will be a “blank slate” and he will be coming with everything he has yet to still offer in the ring. Kono on the other hand stated that he is ready for his first defense of the belt as the first ever champion and he will not hold back. Tomorrow has a lot at stake in terms of Mutoh celebrating a milestone in the ring and Kono looking to set his own milestone by defeating his former mentor in the ring.
Alberto came into the conference with an angry tone against Masakatsu Funaki. Alberto stated that he has a strong bloodline, a family, in the business of professional wrestling. Funaki though has no bloodline and there is nothing special. Alberto stated that he is fighting for his lineage and aims to make sure Funaki learns to respect the way of his family.
The 3WAY match featuring the showdown of 2 former WWE wrestlers in TAJIRI and Matt Hardy has been getting plenty of attention as well. Matt Hardy said it is an honor to be able to compete on this show and to be featured on a show with the icon Keiji Mutoh. Though he then took a shot at Sanada by calling him a green boy. TAJIRI would then agree with Hardy in the statement. Sanada, the lone man in not having as much experience in American as his other two opponents, said that he has respect for what his two opponents have done, but it is his time to shine.
The men involved in the W-1 vs TNA 6 Man Tag match came forward as the TNA team looks forward to once more standing tall at the Ryogoku Kokugikan. Kondo though took offense to how the TNA team comes off and called them nothing more than a bunch of fools from America. The W-1 trio looks to finally put them the TNA team in their place, but at the same time they know that the trio is known for their tricks and craftiness when it comes to winning matches.
Then the last match that got focused upon during the press conference was between KAI and Masato Tanaka. Tanaka stated that he knows KAI has been asking for this match for some time now, but it is not his intention to be a stepping stone for the up-and-comer. He will not go easy on him in anyway. KAI understands completely that this is the one match that he wanted and is now receiving. That he is ready for the match and aims to begin his upward path once more.
Below is the full card for the show….
WRESTLE-1 “Keiji Mutoh’s Debut 30th Anniversary Show ~ HOLD OUT”, 11/1/2014 [Sat] 17:00 @ Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo
(1) WRESTLE-1 vs Novus 8 Man Tag Match: Yasufumi Nakanoue, Daiki Inaba, Seiki Yoshioka & Hiroki Murase vs. Yusuke Kodama, Koji Doi, Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio & Rionne Fujiwara
(2) Hiroshi Yamato vs. LEONA [DRADITION]
(3) 6 Man Tag Match: Ryota Hama, Andy Wu & El Hijo del Pantera vs. Yoshihiro Takayama [FREE], NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA
(4) AKIRA & Manabu Soya vs. Ryoji Sai & KAZMA SAKAMOTO
(5) KAI vs. Masato Tanaka [ZERO1]
(6) WRESTLE-1 vs TNA 6 Man Tag Match: Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo & Minoru Tanaka vs. Robbie E, Jessie Godderz & DJ Zima
(7) WRESTLE-1 vs DESPERADO vs TNA 3WAY Match: Seiya Sanada vs. TAJIRI vs Matt Hardy
(8) Masakatsu Funaki vs. “El Patron” Alberto
(9) WRESTLE-1 Championship Match: [1st Champion] Masayuki Kono vs. [Challenger] Keiji Mutoh
~ 1st title defense.