Following the conclusion of the Champion Carnival, a press conference was held today to formally sign the upcoming Triple Crown defense. As well as Atsushi Aoki and K-DOJO’s Kaji Tomato were present to sign their upcoming World Jr. match as well.
Following the Champion Carnival, BJW’s strong leader Daisuke Sekimoto emerged the victor as his years of hard work have lead him achieve part of his dream. Now he moves on to challenge for the Triple Crown belt for the first time in his career on May 25 at the Korakuen Hall. Sekimoto has declared that he wants to capture all the belts in All Japan starting with an upcoming challenge for the Asia Tag belts on 4/29 when he teams with the veteran Great Kojika. Miyahara though has vowed that he shall reclaim his loss against Sekimoto, which his suffered in the final block match of the league, as well as to defend the belt from outside promotion. Speaking of the 5/25 show, Sekimoto’s main tag partner Yuji Okabayashi has been placed against the reigning World Tag Champion Zeus in a special singles match. Sekimoto acknowledged this as he stated that they aim for the World Tag belts in the near future. Stemming off Sekimoto beating Zeus in the finals of the Carnival.
As for his performance in the Carnival, Miyahara stated that he is eager to reclaim his loss against Akiyama and the draw he suffered against Mashimo. Though first he must survive a formidable challenge in Sekimoto.
AJPW “2016 Super Power Series”, 5/25/2016 [Wed] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(-) Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship Match: [55th Champion] Kento Miyahara vs. [Challenger] Daisuke Sekimoto
~ 2nd title defense.
Then a press conference was held for the upcoming World Junior Champion match as Atsushi Aoki will be taking on Kaji Tomato on 5/7 in Chiba. Kaji challenged the champion back on 5/9 of the opening day of the Champion Carnival in which Aoki accepted. Aoki has previously stated that the doors are open for anyone and everyone to make a challenge in which he commends Kaji for stepping forward. This match also stems way back to the Junior League back in 2014 where Kaji actually claimed an upset win over Aoki. Aoki noted that he has seen how much Kaji has grown since then and wants a strong match, but also he declared that he will remain champion. Kaji acknowledged that this will be first ever challenge for the belt and though Aoki asked him to not dance on the way to ring, as that is part of his shtick, Kaji stated that he wants to be at his highest level heading into the match. That he wants to set his own pace as the challenger.
All Japan Pro-Wrestling “Chiba EXTRA DREAM 10 ~ 10th Anniversary Show”, 5/7/2016 [Sat] @ TKP Garden City Chiba
(-) World Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: [39th Champion] Atsushi Aoki vs. [Challenger] Kaji Tomato (K-DOJO)
~ 2nd title defense.
Among any other news bits, Super Tiger and Ryoji Sai have both stated that they aim to continue competing in All Japan in the future. Which the 5/22 show specifically has been changed as them two will team together as they take on Miyahara and Lee.
AJPW “2016 Super Power Series ~ SKIP BEAT Kawaguchi ~”, 5/22/2016 [Sun] 13:30 @ SKIP City in Saitama
(-) Kento Miyahara & Jake Lee vs. Ryoji Sai [FREE] & Super Tiger [RJPW]
The event cards for the next couple months can be seen through the link below… (as they are released)
~ The scheduled deathmatches for 4/28, 29 and 5/5 have been updated to reflect their formats.
BJW “Great Kojima 74th Birthday Show”, 4/28/2016 [Thu] @ Shinkiba 1stRING in Tokyo
(1) Tatsuhiko Yoshino vs. Takuya Nomura
(2) Atsushi Maruyama vs. Motosugu Shimizu vs. Frank Atsushi
(3) Shinobu & Toshiyuki Sakuda vs. Shu & Kei Brahman
(4) Yuji Okabayashi & Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Daichi Hashimoto & Yoshihisa Uto
(5) Barbed-wire Board Deathmatch: Yuko Miyamoto & Masaya Takahashi vs. Jaki Numazawa & Masashi Takeda
(6) Fluorescent Light-tube 6 Man Tag Deathmatch: Great Kojika, Ryuji Ito & Kankuro Hoshino vs. Abdullah Kobayashi, Saburo Inematsu & Takayuki Ueki
BJW, 4/29/2016 [Fri] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Tatsuhiko Yoshino [GUTS] & Toshiyuki Sakuda vs. Kazumi Kikuta & Kohei Fujimura
(2) Kankuro Hoshino, Saburo Inematsu [K-DOJO] & Ryuichi Sekine [BASARA] vs. Shu Brahman, Kei Brahman & Takayuki Ueki
(3) Barbed-wire Board Deathmatch: Ryuji Ito, Abdullah Kobayashi & Jaki Numazawa vs. Masaya Takahashi [ASUKA], Masashi Takeda [U-FILE] & Takumi Tsukamoto [BASARA]
(4) Ryota Hama [W-1], Atsushi Maruyama [FREE] & Yasufumi Nakanoue [W-1] vs. Shuji Ishikawa [FREE], Hideki Suzuki [FREE] & Shinobu 
(5) Yuji Okabayashi & Yoshihisa Uto vs. Jun Akiyama [AJPW] & Daichi Hashimoto
(6) Asia Tag Championship Match: [98th Champions] Yuko Miyamoto (666) & Isami Kodaka (BASARA) vs. [Challengers] Great Kojika & Daisuke Sekimoto
~ 5th title defense.
BJW “ENDLESS SURVIVOR”, 5/5/2016 [Thu] 15:00 @ Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium
(1) Shinobu, Yuichi Taniguchi & Kankuro Hoshino vs. Tatsuhiko Yoshino [GUTS], Kazumi Kikuta & Toshiyuki Sakuda
(2) Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoue [both W-1] vs. Hideki Suzuki [FREE] & Yoshihisa Uto
(3) Table Crash Deathmatch: Abdullah Kobayashi & Minoru Fujita [Gurentai] vs. Jaki Numazawa & Masashi Takeda
(4) Double Cross Grave Deathmatch: Yuko Miyamoto  & Isami Kodaka [BASARA] vs. Takumi Tsukamoto [BASARA] & Takayuki Ueki
(5) Special Tag Match: Daisuke Sekimoto & James Raideen [ZERO1] vs. Jun Akiyama [AJPW] & Daichi Hashimoto
(6) BJW World Strong Heavyweight Championship Match: [7th Champion] Yuji Okabayashi vs. [Challenger] Shuji Ishikawa
~ 3rd title defense.
(7) BJW Deathmatch Heavyweight Championship ~ Fluorescent Light-tubes 4 Sides + Barbed-Wire, Fluorescent Light-tube, Glass & Pinholder Board Death Match: [32nd Champion] Ryuji Ito vs. [Challenger] Masaya Takahashi
~ 5th title defense.
~ More matches were announced for the upcoming Osaka show on 5/22. Among the announcements is that HUB will be competing under his former name ZERO on the show as he takes on Takeshita. Takeshita personally requested the match to be against ZERO.
DDT Pro-Wrestling “Dramatic Dreams! Vol.3”, 5/22/2016 [Sun] @ Osaka City Yodogawa Ward Community Center
(-) Reunion Special Single Match: Yasu Urano vs. Antonio Honda – Special rereree: Dick Togo
(-) Special Tag Match: Kazuki Hirata & Kuishinbo Kamen vs. Hiroshi Fukuda & Kikutaro
(-) Sanshiro Takagi, Jinsei Shinzaki [MichiPro] & Toru Owashi vs. Shigehiro Irie, Kazusada Higuchi & Super Sasadango Machine
(-) Special Single Match: Konosuke Takeshita vs. ZERO [FREE]
~ Also announced to be competing…
Magnitude Kishiwada, Shuji Ishikawa, Kengo Takai, Gurukun Mask, and Shoichi Uchida
◆NJPW NEWS◆ [4/26 RESULTS]
~ The Road to Wrestling Dontaku continued today in Tokushima.
~ Tomorrow will see the IWGP IC belt in defense as Omega defends against Elgin.
◆NOAH NEWS◆ [4/26 Day 5 RESULTS]
~ Fifth day of the GTL took place today in Okayama.
~ Shiozaki & Taniguchi emerged successful as they claim the top spot in the league while Nakajima and Kitamiya look to now have no chance in regards to their standing.
~ Boss Suzuki claims the win over his near dominate tag champion team. Still mutual respect between the teams as they know their common goal is to keep NOAH from winning.
~ Kojima with the final blow today against Benjamin as he secures “TenCozy” at the top of the league standings.
~ Ohara took his winning streak to 3-0 over Kanemaru in the tag prelude matches leading to the junior title match.
~ Shiozaki/Taniguchi [3 wins, 1 loss = 6 points]
~ Kojima/Tenzan [3 wins, 1 loss = 6 points]
~ Archer/Smith [2 wins, 2 losses = 4 points]
~ Sugi/Benjamin [2 wins, 2 losses = 4 points]
~ Suzuki/Iizuka [2 wins, 2 losses = 4 points]
~ Nakajima/Kitamiya [2 wins, 3 losses = 4 points]
~ Yone/Storm [1 win, 3 losses = 2 points]
~ Maru/Yano [1 win, 3 losses = 2 points]
If you enjoy these posts feel free to check out the Patreon to help support the further growth of the website. At least $1 a month will help cover the server costs and future plans to build a better site. This in term is aimed to help you all in return to keep up with numerous promotions throughout Japan. Thank you for helping keep the spirit alive.