[NOAH News] Pro Wrestling NOAH held a press conference in Yokohama for their upcoming “GREAT VOYAGE 2013 in Yokohama” show coming up on October 5th. 1,000 people were reported to have attended the show.
Takeshi Morishima will be making his return to the ring after spending the last several months on the sideline due to nagging injuries. Morishima has continued on with his weight lose regiment and is excited to be making his return, let alone of the big Yokohama show. He stated that he will put 100% effort against Sasaki.
Sasaki said that he believes it is an honor to have been chosen to face Morishima in his return match and he will give Morishima the “forceful” match that he ultimately wants.
The show will feature 3 championship matches in the second part of the show with plenty of heat and excitement heading into it.
Taiji Ishimori & Atsushi Kotoge have proven themselves to be a solid team over the last year and they aim to bring the belts back home from the invading NJPW veteran team. Ishimori aims to show that NOAH is the stronger promotion, but Liger & Tiger are no strangers to facing against the younger and hungrier talent.
THE GHC Tag Championship signing was held a few days prior and TMDK is looking to remain the strong cohesive team following their separate single loses to KENTA in Septmeber. Sugiura is looking to capitalize on this and bring more belts to the NO MERCY faction. Sugiura and Takayama are no strangers as tag partners and could prove to be quite the fight for the Austrian NOAH duo.
KENTA defending the GHC Heavyweight Championship against DIAMOND RING and BRAVE member Katsuhiko Nakajima garners the top billing for the show. KENTA will be looking to continue forward as the champion heading in the GLOBAL LEAGUE tournament, but Nakajima stated that he is in perfect form and is aiming to prove himself as one of the best in Japan. KENTA replied that it is his goal to protect the belt and he will surely do his best against one of his rivals in the ring. Nakajima said that he will not let his big opportunity in front of him fall between his grasp. KENTA appeared to be joyed that Nakajima is in good condition as it will make this match mean so much more. KENTA hopes this will be a good match for the fans to see and he hopes everyone will come out to see him defend the belt.
Of course a continuing aspect of this match is if KENTA manages to get through Nakajima that this will make him the record setter for the most defenses in the shortest amount of time within a year. Which KENTA has been the champion since 1/27 of this year.
The press event also held two matches. Results of which are as follows…
(1) Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste vs. Genba Hirayanagi & Hajime Ohara
◆Winner: Nicholls (9:41) with the Mikey Bomb on Genba.
(2) Taiji Ishimori & Atsushi Kotoge vs. Daisuke Harada & Hitoshi Kumano
◆Winner: Ishimori (16:02) with a Moonsault Press on Kumano.
Below is the card for the upcoming show…
Pro Wrestling NOAH “GREAT VOYAGE 2013 in YOKOHAMA vol. 2”, 10/5/2013 [Sun] 18:00 @ Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium
(1) NOAH vs DIAMOND RING Single Match: Hitoshi Kumano vs. Mitsuhiro Kitamiya [DIAMOND RING]
(2) Nonpartisan vs NO MERCY Tag Match: Yoshinari Ogawa & Daisuke Harada vs. Genba Hirayanagi & Hajime Ohara [Free]
(3) Other extreme single match: Maybach Taniguchi vs. Kikutaro [Akiba]
(4) Crazy Dynasty vs Little☆Galaxy: Super Crazy & Pesadilla vs. Shiori Asahi & Hiro Tonai [both K-DOJO]
(5) Takeshi Morishima’s Return Match: Takeshi Morishima vs. Kensuke Sasaki [DIAMOND RING]
(6) NOAH vs NJPW Special Tag Match: Naomichi Marufuji & Mohammed Yone vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & YOSHI-HASHI
(7) GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Championship Match: [18th Champions] Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. [Challengers] Taiji Ishimori & Atsushi Kotoge
~ 3rd title defense.
(8) GHC Tag Championship Match: [29th Champions] “TMDK” Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste vs. [Challengers] Takashi Sugiura & Yoshihiro Takayama
~ 2nd title defense.
(9) GHC Heavyweight Championship Match: [19th Champion] KENTA vs. [Challenger] Katsuhiko Nakajima
~ 8th title defense.