[NOAH News] Pro Wrestling NOAH held one last final press conference for the upcoming Ariake Colosseum show on December 7.
The official title signing for the GHC Heavyweight Championship match between the champion KENTA and the 2013 GLOBAL LEAGUE winner Yuji Nagata was presided over by the commissioner Harley Race.
Harley Race thanked NOAH for the chance to be able to make his long awaited return to Japan.
Yuji Nagata will be coming into the event with multiple victories over KENTA in recent years and is aiming to carry his GL win into yet another championship reign. KENTA, on the other hand, has been eagerly anticipating this match against a veteran, let alone someone he has yet to earn a singles victory against, to help cap off his record setting reign as NOAH’s champion.
Nagata stated that he will be coming into the match with everything he has to offer and he aims to leave as the champion.
KENTA acknowledged that he has felt a bit arrogant as the reigning champion, but his pride is what has brought him this far already. He mentioned that he has lost to Nagata in both single and tag matches in the past, but come tomorrow, he aims to prove that he is the champion.
A win for KENTA would prove so much for KENTA himself in finally overcoming a huge hurdle from his past.
KENTA will also be vying for the most successful defenses within a years time as he is currently tied with Takeshi Morishima at 8 defense, a win over Nagata will put him at 9 and the record. KENTA stated that he is focused solely on winning against Nagata more so than the worrying about the potential record at hand.
NOAH also held the officially signing for the schedued GHC Junior Tag Championship match between the champions Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV taking on Zack Sabre Jr. and Yoshinari Ogawa.
*Yoshinari Ogawa was unable to be at the event due to a cold.
Tiger Mask took no time to address the matter with Ogawa being unable to attend the signing and showed some dissatisfaction. Tiger stated that Zack shows a lot of promise as a wrestler, and his teaming with Ogawa can only benefit him with the veteran. Though when it comes to defending the belts, Liger stated that he and Liger will show themselves as the rightful champions.
Liger as well addressed to why Ogawa was not present and said that it is an interesting attitude of a challenger to not be present for a signing ceremony.
Sabre was finally able to address his thoughts heading into the match and he said with confidence that Ogawa will be at Ariake tomorrow, and that the two of them will bring the belts back home to NOAH.
Liger continued to show his lack of control with Ogawa’s absence and told Zack that Ogawa should have come today. Even to the point where he was at the point of boycotting the entire ceremony until Ogawa showed up. Even to the point that he has no faith that Ogawa will come tomorrow. Eventually things settled down and Liger ended it by stating that the Zack and Ogawa better be fully prepared for the coming match.
Below is the announced card for the show.
Pro Wrestling NOAH “GREAT VOYAGE 2013 in Tokyo vol.2 ~ Akira Taue’s Retirement Memorial Show”, 12/7/2013 [Sat] 17:00 @ Ariake Colosseum in Tokyo
(1) The Best of Crazy Dynasty: Super Crazy vs. Pesadilla
(2) BRAVE vs Fresh Combi Tag Match: Mohammed Yone & Atsushi Kotoge vs. Daisuke Harada & Hitoshi Kumano
(3) NO MERCY vs DIAMOND RING Tag Match: Yoshihiro Takayama & Hajime Ohara vs. Kensuke Sasaki & Mitsuhiro Kitamiya
(4) Special Single Match: Maybach Taniguchi vs. Katsuyori Shibata [Free]
(5) Akira Taue’s Retirement Commemorative Match “Taue’s Final Big Volcanic Eruption”: Akira Taue, Takeshi Morishima, Takashi Sugiura & Genba Hirayanagi vs. Genichiro Tenryu [Tenryu Project], Tastsumi Fujinami [DRADITION], Masao Inoue [Free] & Kentaro Shiga [Free]
~ Akira Taue’s Retirement Ceremony.
(6) GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Championship Match: [18th Champions] Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV (both NJPW) vs. [Challengers] Yoshinari Ogawa & Zack Sabre Jr.
~ 5th title defense.
(7) GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: [26th Champion] Taiji Ishimori vs. [Challenger] Tatsuhito Takaiwa
~ 9th title defense.
(8) GHC Tag Championship Match: [29th Champions] “TMDK” Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste vs. [Challengers] “BRAVE” Naomichi Marufuji & Katsuhiko Nakajima
~ 3rd title defense.
(9) GHC Heavyweight Championship Match: [19th Champion] KENTA vs. [Challenger/GLOBAL LEAGUE 2013 Winner] Yuji Nagata (NJPW)
~ 9th title defense.