Several updates following the conclusion of the “2018 Champion Carnival”.
First up director Takao Omori announced that rookie Kazuki Ebina has withdrawn from All Japan Pro-Wrestling. The young man felt the pressures of competing and touring. He last competed on the April 20 show against Koji Iwamoto, but even on his debut back on April 7 there was issues with him not believing himself to be ready. Omori stated that there is a tremendous responsibility for pro-wrestlers to conduct and handle themselves in an appropriate manner, but Ebina proved to be the case of being not 100% mentally when it comes to being disciplined enough for the rigorous work that everyone has to put forth while on tours.
Then Yusuke Okada suffered a right ankle injury during the final day of the Champion Carnival. A right fibula fracture to be exact. It is not career threatening in the least, but one that will take the proper rest and care for him to return at 100%.
Then the board of directors held a meeting and announced it as official that Kento Miyahara will be defending the Triple Crown Heavyweight belt against Naomichi Marufuji on May 24. This follows the conclusion of the Champion Carnival in which Marufuji bested Miyahara for the win. Miyahara stated that he is still in regret following the loss, but this is not the first time that he has fallen and needed to strive to come back to the top.
Then the World Tag belts were announced to be in defense on June 3, as Ryoji Sai and Dylan James defend against TAJIRI and KAI. This match comes about following the conclusion of the final day of the Champion Carnival after KAI captured the direct win over James and asserted themselves as the next challengers. Miyahara stated that he was familiar with Marufuji during his time in NOAH, but the final of the Carnival was the first time he felt what the 20 year veteran can deliver in a big match. He now knows the level that he will have to overcome once more to prove himself as a true Triple Crown Champion. Then Marufuji, though focused on the GHC Heavyweight title match also in May, stated that he cannot deny the history of what the Triple Crown holds. Not only from the lineage that brought forth the creation of NOAH, but the history that the belt holds for the sport in general. To hold the belt around his waist is a cherished with. He acknowledged that he may not stand with the best in terms of size and weight, but his skill and effort in the ring has brought him to this level to compete against some of the very best that the ring has to offer today.
All of the event cards were updated to reflect upon the absences and changes…
~ Takayuki Ueki was announced to be taking part in a short expedition which will see him miss the later part of May and early June shows.
~ Then the full event card was announced for the Korakuen Hall show on May 13.
BJW, 5/13/2018 [Sun] 11:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Yukihiro Mori & Akira Hyodo vs. Takuho Kato & Yuki Ishikawa
(2) Yuko Miyamoto vs. Kazumi Kikuta
(3) Tatsuhiko Yoshino, Kota Sekifuda, Kazuki Hashimoto & Yuya Aoki vs. Tsutomu Oosugi, Hercules Senga, Brahman Shu & Brahman Kei
(4) Ryota Hama, Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yoshihisa Uto vs. Ryuichi Kawakami, Daichi Hashimoto & Hideyoshi Kamitani
(5) Death Match: Great Kojika, Ryuji Ito, Ryuichi Sekine & Kankuro Hoshino vs. Masaya Takahashi, Takayuki Ueki, Toshiyuki Sakuda & Jaki Numazawa
(6) Hideki Suzuki & Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Takuya Nomura & Fuminori Abe
(7) Death Match: Masashi Takeda & Takumi Tsukamoto vs. Abdullah Kobayashi & Isami Kodaka
~ Then it was announced that Konosuke Takeshita will be taking on Shunma Katsumata in a singles match on May 20 at the Korakuen Hall.
DDT “Audience 2018”, 5/20/2018 [Sun] @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(-) Konosuke Takeshita vs. Shunma Katsumata
(-) KO-D Openweight Championship Match: [62nd Champion] Shigehiro Irie vs. [Challenger] Keisuke Ishii
~ 1st title defense.
~ Then it was announced that Daisuke Sekimoto & Kazusada Higuchi will be defending the KO-D Tag belts against the team of Kota Umeda & Yuki Ueno on May 22 at the Shinkiba 1stRING.
DDT LIVE MajiManji #5, 5/22/2018 [Tue] @ Shinkiba 1stRING in Tokyo
(-) KO-D Tag Championship Match: [Champions] Daisuke Sekimoto & Kazusada Higuchi vs. [Challengers] Kota Umeda & Yuki Ueno
~ 2nd title defense.
LAND’S END NEWS
~ The full event card was announced for the June 6 show in Yokohama. The main event will feature several big names as Ryoji Sai teams with Daisuke Sekimoto and The Bodyguard to take on the team of Shuji Ishikawa, Dylan James and So Daimonji.
LAND’S END “FUKUSHIMANIA”, 6/6/2018 [Wed] 19:00 @ Yokohama Radiant Hall in Kanagawa
(1) 5WAY Match: Naoshi Sano vs. Chikara vs. Keita Yano vs. Keiichi Sato vs. Michael Osbourne
(2) Shiori Asahi & Kyosuke Ikaho vs. Tetsuhiro Kuroda & FG Mask
(3) UEXILE, Masakado, Yoshihiro Horaguchi & Kengo vs. Rionne Fujiwara, Kyu Mogami, Kazumi Kikuta & Revlon
(4) Kotaro Nasu & Ishikiri vs. Hikaru Sato & Masashi Takeda
(5) Ryoji Sai, Daisuke Sekimoto & The Bodyguard vs. Shuji Ishikawa, Dylan James & So Daimonji
~ The full event card was announced for the “Navig. with Emerald Spirits 2018” tour kick-off show on June 10 at the Korakuen Hall. The main event will feature Takashi Sugiura and Naomichi Marufuji taking on the team of Go Shiozaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima. The show will have an earlier start time for a noon show as it will feature an honoring ceremony to Mitsuharu Misawa before the first match.
Pro-Wrestling NOAH “Navig. with Emerald Spirits 2018”, 6/10/2018 [Sun] 11:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) YO-HEY vs. Junta Miyawaki
(2) Cody Hall vs. Mitsuya Nagai (DRADITION)
(3) Hi69, Minoru Tanaka & Seiya Morohashi (FREE) vs. Daisuke Harada, Tadasuke & HAYATA
(4) Yoshinari Ogawa, Akitoshi Saito & Masao Inoue (FREE) vs. Maybach Taniguchi, Hajime Ohara & Hitoshi Kumano
(5) Muhammad Yone vs. Quiet Storm
(6) Masa Kitamiya vs. Atsushi Kotoge
(7) Kenoh vs. Kaito Kiyomiya
(8) Takashi Sugiura & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Go Shiozaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima
~ The full event card was set for the upcoming Korakuen Hall show on May 6. As it was announced that the UWA 6 Tag belts will be in defense as the “Tokyo Gurentai” team of NOSAWA Rongai, MAZADA and FUJITA take on the masked team of Andy Wu, Alejandro and El Hilo Del Pantera.
WRESTLE-1 TOUR 2018 TRIUMPH, 5/6/2018 [Sun] 11:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Ganseki Tanaka & Joji Otani (HEAT-UP) vs. Masayuki Mitomi (EPW) & MEN’S Teioh (FREE)
(2) Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo & Kotaro Suzuki vs. Masayuki Kono, Koji Doi & Tsugataka Sato
(3) Takanori Ito vs. Ryuji Hijikata (FREE)
(4) Seiki Yoshioka & Jun Tonsho vs. Yusuke Kodama & Drunk Andy
(5) Audience Brings The Weapons GW Special Hardcore Match: Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio vs. Seigo Tachibana
(6) UWA World 6 Tag Championship Match: [62nd Champions] NOSAWA Rongai, MAZADA & FUJITA vs. [Challengers] Andy Wu, Alejandro & El Hilo Del Pantera
~ 1st title defense.
(7) WRESTLE-1 Tag Championship Match: [13th Champions] Manabu Soya & AKIRA vs. [Challengers] Shotaro Ashino & Kumagoro
~ 1st title defense.
~ It was announced that Yusaku Obata will be defending the World Heavyweight belt against Masato Tanaka on June 3 show in Sapporo.
ZERO1, 6/3/2018 [Sun] @ Sapporo Susukino Mars Gym in Hokkaido
(-) World Heavyweight Championship Match: [22nd Champion] Yusaku Obta vs. [Challenger] Masato Tanaka
~ 5th title defense.
If you enjoy these posts of the site in general, please support us through Patreon by checking out the link below. All patronages, of at least $1 a month, will go to help pay for the server costs to keep the site up and running.
Thanks for helping keep the spirit alive!